From personal challenges, to natural disasters, calling these times tough times isn’t out of place. It’s almost like there is no good news anywhere. Most of the times, i don’t feel like watching the news because of how i feel afterwards. Feeling of pain for the souls perishing due to poverty, sickness, natural disasters, terrorism the list is endless. Our TV screens screams fear, anger, anxiety and hopelessness. It can be very easy to begin to think that darkness and hatred is winning over light and love.
However in the midst of these chaos, God is saying:
- He has given us peace – “I am leaving you with a gift–peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid. (John 14:27)
- He is our help – God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. (Psalm 46:1)
- Don’t be afraid – Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
- He is with us – ….. I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:20)
- He will help us – For I hold you by your right hand— I, the Lord your God. And I say to you, ‘Don’t be afraid. I am here to help you. (Isaiah 41:13)
- He will provide for us – And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others. (2 Corinthians 9:8)
- He will protect us – For he will order his angels to protect you wherever you go. (Psalm 91:11)
- None of these disasters will touch us – Though a thousand fall at your side, though ten thousand are dying around you, these evils will not touch you. (Psalm 91:7)
- He is our rewarder – And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. (Hebrews 11:6)
- He is our shield – We put our hope in the Lord. He is our help and our shield. (Psalm 33:20)
- He will give us rest – Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)
- He will fight for you – The LORD himself will fight for you. Just stay calm.” (Exodus 14:14)
- He will support us – In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation. (1Peter 5:10)
These are just a few of the promises of God for us. Now the ball is in your court. Do you want to continue choosing fear over faith or sorrow over joy? I know it can be very difficult but we are privileged to have known all of these in advance. God told us in His word that all of these will happen. For anyone going through personal pain, my heart goes out to you. I am going through mine too and always know that you are not alone. You have the community of saints with you. Remember that God never gives us something we can’t handle. So I urge you to be courageous and draw strength from God.
From today onwards I will be specifically praying for any who reads my blog and is going through personal challenges. That the peace of God will consume your hearts. That just like the three Hebrew boys, you will be able to shift your focus from the magnitude of the fire to the fourth man in the fire. God is always there with you. In your case, He is the second person in that fire. Don’t lose hope. Don’t give up.
Please feel free to write down your prayer requests in the comment section below or use the contact page on my website should you need someone to pray with you.
We are in this together.